Ok, so I am late on your Birthday post Gracie, but I have a lot to say. I love you so much and I can't believe you are already three. You are the funniest, cheesiest, hammiest little girl. You always have something to say. When I think you aren't listening I discover that you are because you come back to me with a comment on what I have just said. I want to tell you the story about your birth. I think its kind of a funny story. My Dad always told me the story of my birth and I loved it, so I thought I would do the same for you. Anyways...........
You born June 4, 2006. You were a little over three weeks early. I got sick right before you were born with preclampsia and was put on bed rest. Ya right, like I had time for that, but I tried. My best friends, Ash and Karina, were scheduled to throw me a baby shower on the 3rd. I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I could just get ready and sit in one spot, that's bed rest enough, right!?! Well, after the shower I was so tired I didn't even feel like I could drive myself home, so I had a sleep-over with Karina (by the way, your Dad was at a 2 week training for the National Guard) so I would have been alone at home. Since I didn't plan on sleeping over, I had nothing. I slapped on a pair dad Baird's shorts and mom Baird's shirt and went to sleep in Karina's bed. I couldn't sleep; I was a little uncomfortable, but then all the sudden at 1:30 am I wet my pants, at least that's what I thought was happening. I went to the bathroom to get cleaned up, but I just kept leaking. Then it occurred to me -- my water broke! I woke up Karina and told her what happened; she was so excited that this was all happening at her house. She ran upstairs, got her mom, woke up her brother and dad. And yes, this was all happening at the Baird's house where I spent half of my teenage years. It was meant to be. So, it's 1:30 in the morning, (remember your dad is at Camp Williams). I tried calling daddy and, of course, his phone was turned off. I started freaking out thinking that he was going to miss the birth of our first child. But lucky enough, we had set Karina up on a date with one of daddy's army buddies and Karina still had his phone number. So we called him. He hung up the first time I called, then I called back again and said "its jony's wife and I am having the baby." He quickly gave the phone to dad, I told him what happened and he quickly made his way to the hospital. Meanwhile, I was in tears at the Baird's house because I thought it was too early for you to come and I was nervous that something bad could happen. Russ and Dustin gave me a blessing and all is well. Kathy and Karina rushed me to the ER at about 2 in the morning. The nurses checked me and agreed that my water broke, and admitted me into the hospital. Dad showed up quickly after I arrived and waited around with me for about nine hours. You were born at 11:14 am, 6lbs 0oz, 20" long. You had brown curly hair-- you looked like Cramer from Seinfeld. That's what I thought!! Oh, you were so little. I love thinking about that day. My sweet little baby.
Gracie growing up


You had the same personalty then that you do now. Crazy child. You are so dramatic, in a funny way that is. I think you watch too many princess movies. You twirl, dance and prance around the house all day, every day, singing the "mermaid song" and "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream....." You like to go onto the porch and hang on the railing while you sing to the world. Oh, and I don't even have to buy cloths for you anymore because you love nothing more then wearing all your princess dress-ups everyday; and you do. I love that about you!
The day of your birthday you kept saying words like "amazing" and "wonderful." Where did you get that, I never use those words. You're so silly.
So, this is the first time you really understood that it was your birthday. The night before, you didn't go to bed until 12:30 am, even though I put you down at 9:30 pm. You were just too excited and you could not contain yourself. You kept coming out of your room telling me to make your cake and wrap your presents. It was actually very cute. Then, the next morning ,you woke up at 7:00 am. I couldn't believe it. It was like Christmas to you. I asked you what you wanted for your birthday; you said two things -- a pink princess cake and a giant lion. I think the giant lion was a random thought at the time but you got one anyway, well, a tiger. Daddy must have missunderstood! After having pink cupcakes for breakfast, we went to South Ogden Slash Pad for your birhtday, just you, me and Jaxson; but we had fun. Later that day, we went to Applebee's. Why, you ask.....a couple months ago, we were there with some friends and you saw all the waiters sing Happy Birthday to one of the guests. You loved it and you wanted them to sing to you. Every time we went out to eat after that, you asked if you were going to get sung to. Well, today was your day and I thought that would make you so happy. It turns out this time around, you didn't care all the much, but it was still fun. After dinner, we went to Grandma and Grandpa house for more pink cupcakes, which you decorated yourself, and presents. We had to sing happy birthday twice to you because you are so crazy about blowing out candles. You are so funny. Well, those were the events on your birthday. I thought it was fun; I hope you did too.
Gracie at 12:30 at night...she's to excited to sleep because it is her birthday tomorrow!!
So whats Gracie up to right now............
Some things that you are totally into right now.........the show Little Bear. You are in the zone when you are watching Little bear and nothing can get you out of it. And BOYS, what is it with you, you love boys. We go to the gym everyday where there are tons of kids to play with and you choose to play with the boys. Your a boy lover. It would be one thing if it were like a tom boy thing, but its not. Your all girl and you love the boys. At the gym and at church, I along with your audience, watch you try to dance (like the princess) with the boys. Its so cute. I am going to have to watch out for you when you are older.
Some words that I love that you say right now....."hotdonalds" aka McDonald's, "dom'p" aka don't, "kramma" and "krampa" aka grandma and grandpa. You replace a lot of your f's with p's, not quit sure where that comes form but I love it. You are actually a really good talker, in fact you surprise me sometimes. The few words you do say wrong though, I love, and would rather not correct you.
You are constantly talking about getting married and getting married it the temple. Every time you talk to daddy on the phone you ask him if you can get married. The top boys on your list to marry right now are...Hank, Samuel, and Cooper. Honey, you can only choose one though.
Well Gracie, I love you and I have to say sometimes I can't get enough of you. I hope you keep your spunky attitude, your zest for life, your love for all people. You are so sweet. I hope you had a happy birthday and I am sure, well actually I know, you can't wait tell your next one, you are already talking about it. Love Mommy!


No comments:
Post a Comment