Although Olive is three months old already......I feel like she deserves some sort of introduction as far as the blog goes.
Well here we all are anxiously awaiting her arrival. While I would have loved to go into labor naturally, I had to be induced due to high blood pressure and a bunch of other little things that were going on. But despite being induced and being on pitocin I managed to labor without an epidural. I wanted to know what labor felt like, well now I do. What was I thinking!
Born at 6:39pm, 6lbs 9oz 18ins long, she was a short little chub.
After 24hrs in the hospital we packed her up and took her home. Healthy baby, well mannered baby, didn't cry much, ate great (ate a lot and still does), slept well. Having a third child at home wasn't that bad as long as I had the help of Jonny. But then the dreaded happened......He got sick with the flu and was out of commission, for nearly 4 weeks to be exact. I couldn't believe it, here we had been married for 7 years and he has never been sick and 3 days after we bring Olive home he comes down with the worst case of flu (which turned into pneumonia) I had ever seen. I had to send him to his parents house it was so bad. I was a single mom with a new born the first month Olive was home, never again will that happen.
The three....Oh how I love them so. We love having Olive in our family. She is such a blessing in our lives. Oh I just want to kiss her. The last three months have gone way to fast, but I am excited to see what the next three bring us, what kind of person will she be.......I guess we will find out!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment