Everyday, before Gracie goes down for a nap, I read her a story. Today Jaxson joined us...he was not quite ready to go down. The three of us are laying in Gracie's bed and I am reading every princess story imaginable - Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc. While I'm reading my heart out to these crazy kids, I look over and this is what I see... Gracie is half naked-only in her diaper, Jaxson is in his white onesie and sleepsack grabbing Gracie's face, pulling her hair and neither of them, of course... are paying any attention. Gracie all at once is trying to escape his grasp but still trying to entertain him by making funny faces and saying funny things. I loved watching these two play with each other. I couldn't help but just watch and smile. It's times like these that remind me why I wanted to be a mommy and make all the really, really, hard times worth it.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Those moments really are the best! Being a mom is exhausting, but so undescribably wonderful. And these times with little ones won't last that long in the big scheme of things anyway, so it's so nice to have those times where you can take a second to smile and cherish the moment.
ReplyDeleteSo I'm so glad you have a blog now, and when our kids our being to noisey for us to talk on the phone very often, we can keep in touch this way! it'll be fun. And thanks again for coming down today, it was so good to see you guys and so fun getting Ava's ears pierced! thanks for the good idea!!